Wednesday 20 September 2017

Axed 'X Factor' judge Tulisa released after drug-deal arrest

Dean Gray

Former 'X Factor' judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been released on police bail following her arrest on suspicion of supplying class-A drugs.

The singer (24), who found fame with N-Dubz, was arrested along with musician Mike GLC (35) by appointment at a central London police station.

Their arrests came after the Metropolitan Police said its officers were "considering" information after a newspaper suggested Tulisa had acted as a go-between in a drug deal by introducing a journalist to an alleged supplier.

'The Sun On Sunday' reported that half an ounce of cocaine changed hands as a result of the deal conducted at London's Dorchester Hotel.

After he was bailed, Mike GLC spoke outside Belgravia Police Station where he insisted the pair were innocent and denied he was a drug dealer.

The musician said: "We are innocent. We haven't been charged."

He added that any evidence caught on camera had been "taken out of context" and the duo were "set up".

"Anyone can edit or chop things together on video," he said.

"The truth will come out. I don't want to go into much more detail.

"I am going home to be with my family. This is ruining my life.

"I am not a drug dealer. I have never sold drugs in my life."

Tulisa's spokesman declined to comment on yesterday's developments.

The singer was officially dropped as a judge on 'The X Factor' just days ago, with Sharon Osbourne returning to the show in her place.

SEARCHED

Tulisa – whose debut solo album only made it to number 35 in the charts – won an apology last year from a former boyfriend who leaked footage on to the internet of the two of them performing a sex act.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said last night: "Officers from Westminster have today, Tuesday, June 4, arrested two people – a 35 year-old man and a 24-year-old woman – by appointment at a central London police station on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of class-A drugs."

A spokesman said later that a 24-year-old woman and 35-year-old man had been bailed to a date next month. Two residential properties were searched as part of the investigation, he said.

Irish Independent

Editors Choice

Also in World News