News Europe

Thursday 18 September 2014

Assault claims against Travis 'a surprise', co-star tells court

David Mercer

Published 04/02/2014 | 02:30

  • Share
Radio presenter Dave Lee Travis leaves Southwark Crown Court

One of the Chuckle Brothers told a court it was "a complete surprise" to hear claims that DJ Dave Lee Travis indecently assaulted a stage hand at a pantomime they were starring in.

  • Share
  • Go To

Paul and Barry Elliott starred alongside Travis in 'Aladdin' in the early 1990s, London's Southwark Crown Court heard. Mr Travis is accused of indecently assaulting a female crew member in his theatre dressing room.

The woman, who was 21 at the time of the alleged incident, previously told the court her ordeal ended when they were interrupted by one of the Chuckle Brothers walking past.

But yesterday, Paul Elliott said he did not recall any inappropriate behaviour by the star.

Mr Travis (68), from Buckinghamshire, is accused of indecently assaulting 10 women and sexually assaulting another. He denies all the charges. The trial continues. (© Independent News Service)

Irish Independent

Read More

Editors Choice

Also in World News