Is this the last day of the 'United Kingdom' as we know it?
The polls have opened on a historic day for Scotland as voters determine whether the country should remain part of the United Kingdom.
- Let's make history, Salmond urges Scottish voters
- 'Let's do this' - Andy Murray tweets support for Yes campaign as Scotland goes to polls
- Scotland stands on the cusp of fulfilling its great potential
- Scottish Referendum: Alex Salmon calls on voters to seize the opportunity
- Scare tactics in Scotland can't detract from the glory of democracy in action