Queen looks to Northern Ireland as inspiration for reconciliation in Christmas Day speech
The Queen has used her Christmas Day broadcast to highlight the importance of reconciliation between opposing sides - from communities in Northern Ireland to those involved in the Scottish Independence referendum.
- 'Sorry we didn't bring George - but you would have heard him in Church' - pregnant Kate Middleton's apology for not bringing baby prince to Christmas Day service
- I like Queen Elizabeth, says Former IRA Commander Martin McGuinness
- Martin McGuinness: why I like the Queen so much
- Queen pays her respects to Irish who died in WWI
- Queen sets an example other leaders should follow