News World News

Tuesday 6 December 2016

Death toll in Ankara bombing increases to 29

Published 23/02/2016 | 11:56

Flowers left at the site of the bomb attack in Ankara (AP)
Flowers left at the site of the bomb attack in Ankara (AP)

A man injured in last week's suicide car bomb attack in Ankara has died of his wounds, raising the death toll to 29, Turkey's Health Ministry said.

  • Go To

The ministry said the 66-year-old died in hospital on Tuesday. Ten other people wounded in the attack are still being treated.

Meanwhile, police have detained three more people suspected of involvement in the bombing, the state-run Anadolu Agency said. Fourteen others were charged in connection with the attack over the weekend.

A Turkey-based Kurdish militant group has claimed responsibility for the February 17 attack, which targeted buses carrying military personnel, but t he government says it has evidence that a US-backed Syrian Kurdish militia group carried out the attack in collaboration with Turkey's own Kurdish rebels.

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News