A fire at a New York apartment building that killed three boys may have been started by candles after the electricity was cut off, city authorities have said.
Officials say the blaze started in a second-floor apartment at a six-storey building just blocks from Yankee Stadium in the Bronx.
Five-year-old Elijah Artis, two-year-old Jeremiah Artis and four-month-old Michael Turner were pronounced dead at a hospital.
Police say their 25-year-old mother and her two other children, a, four-year-old girl and girl aged just four months, are stable.
Fire marshals are still investigating the blaze, but authorities said the woman had been using candles to light the home. The power was said to have been cut because of unpaid bills.
The building is about 10 blocks from the site of a 2007 fire that killed 10 people, including eight children.