Friday 9 December 2016

Belgian terror probe 'finds video linked to nuclear industry worker'

Published 17/02/2016 | 15:16

Belgian officials said an investigation in relation to last year's terror attacks in Paris is 'ongoing'
Belgian officials said an investigation in relation to last year's terror attacks in Paris is 'ongoing'

Searches in the wake of last year's deadly terror attacks in Paris have uncovered video linked to a person working in Belgium's nuclear industry.

  • Go To

The Belgian federal prosecutor's office said in a statement on Wednesday that an "investigation is actively ongoing".

Belgian media reported that several hours of video was filmed near the home of a man thought to be a senior official at the Mol nuclear waste facility in the Flanders region.

The house of the unidentified man was apparently filmed from a nearby wood.

Prosecutors declined to confirm that information or provide details.

Security services have long feared extremists might get their hands on radioactive material.

It comes as a cloud hangs over some of Belgium's nuclear plants after a number of unplanned shutdowns.

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News