Tuesday 6 December 2016

Warning over using tumble dryers after hot towels self-combust at massage parlour

Published 25/05/2016 | 07:50

Hot items should be left to to cool before being folded or stored away.
Hot items should be left to to cool before being folded or stored away.

A stack of hot towels self-combusted in an Australian massage parlour, causing a fire to start.

  • Go To

Emergency services rushed to the scene at Sahara Snow massage parlour in Melbourne, after a passer-by spotted smoke coming from the property.

Luckily, there were no occupants inside the premises at the time.

The fire was brought under control within 40 minutes.

The towels had been pulled from a dryer and left in a pile, before they self-combusted.

Melbourne Fire Brigade urged people to exercise caution when using dryers, The Age newspaper has reported.

Hot items should be left to to cool before being folded or stored away.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News