Saturday 10 December 2016

Video: Sydney police secure release of teenager near bomb

Independent.ie reporters

Published 03/08/2011 | 15:47

Sydney police have successfully secured the safe release of a teenager who was in home near suspicious device.

  • Go To

Earlier it was reported that they had been called in after a masked man strapped a bomb and a ransom demand to her.



Police in the wealthy Australian suburb of Mosman had cordoned off an area where a suspicious device is believed to have been found.



Bomb squad officers are inside the Burrawong Avenue home examining the suspicious device and supporting the terrified eighteen-year-old girl.



In a statement police said the process "demands a high-level of skill and must be meticulous".



Assistant commisioner Mark Murdoch said the girl was still in the house.



‘‘She is in the house with a couple of our bomb technicians,’’ he told reporters.



The drama started when the girl, who was home alone when the man entered the house, phoned police.



Some homes have also been evacuated and police are urging people to stay away from the area.

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News