Tradesman (21) bit on penis by venomous redback spider while using portable toilet
Published 27/04/2016 | 11:38
A 21-year-old man has been hospitalised after being bit by a deadly arachnoid - on his private parts.
The Australian tradesman was relieving himself in a portable toilet at a Sydney building site this morning when the incident occurred.
A venomous redback spider bit the young man on the penis and he immediately took himself to hospital.
BBC News reported that a spokesperson for St George Hospital confirmed they were treating a 21-year-old man for a redback bite.
A bite from the distinctive redback spider - its name deriving from the long red stripe on its abdomen - causes sweating, nausea - and severe pain.
An anti-venom for the redback bite was developed in 1956 and no related deaths have been recorded since.
The man was later discharged form the hospital in a stable condition.