Sisters found dead in room filled with vomit
Police believe two Canadian sisters who were found dead in their hotel room on a popular resort island in southern Thailand died of poisoning.
The bodies of Noemi Belanger (25) and her 20-year-old sister Audrey were found by a maid at the Phi Phi Palm Residence Hotel on Phi Phi Island.
The sisters were dead for about 24 hours when they were found and a lot of vomit was found in the room, police said.
The vomit, along with traces of blood on the women's faces, could be signs of a toxic reaction, police believe.
A team of investigators combed through the hotel room yesterday.
"There were neither signs of fighting nor robbery, but we found many kinds of over-the-counter drugs, including ibuprofen, which can cause serious effects on the stomach," said a police spokesman.