Foreigners in Nepal at time of deadly earthquake
Here are details released by some foreign governments on citizens who were in Nepal at the time a strong earthquake hit on Saturday, killing more than 3,200 people.
The 7.9-magnitude quake struck at midday on Saturday at a busy time of year for tourism-reliant Nepal's trekking and climbing season, with an estimated 300,000 foreign tourists in the country, several hundred of those on Mount Everest.
Countries are listed in alphabetical order.
AUSTRALIA: 549 Australians registered as travelling in Nepal, 200 confirmed safe. No reports of Australian deaths.
AUSTRIA: Around 250 Austrians in Nepal, no reports of any casualties.
BANGLADESH: Fifty nationals, including members of the country's under-14 girls' football team, evacuated. No information on exact number of nationals in Nepal.
BRITAIN: Several hundred Britons believed to be in Nepal. No reports of deaths or injuries.
CHINA: State news agency Xinhua, quoting the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu, reports four people confirmed dead and 10 seriously injured. Xinhua said at least 20 people were killed in Tibet.
COLOMBIA: Seven nationals missing. No reports of any deaths or injuries.
CROATIA: Four tourists, all accounted for.
CZECH REPUBLIC: 155 nationals in Nepal, 54 have not yet been contacted.
ESTONIA: About 30 Estonians were known to be in Nepal, according to its foreign ministry. One has been reported dead and four are unaccounted for.
FRANCE: French authorities have located 1,098 nationals, but another 674 are still not in touch. No reports of casualties.
GREECE: Two Greek nationals safe.
INDIA: Five Indians killed in Nepal, and another 66 in Indian regions over the border. So far, 1,417 Indians evacuated from Nepal.
INDONESIA: Thirty-four nationals in Nepal, 18 of them residents. Eighteen have not yet been contacted.
IRELAND: About 100 citizens in the affected region. Many have been contacted.
ISRAEL: About 600 Israelis estimated to be in Nepal. About 400 have been contacted, most of them sheltering at the embassy in Kathmandu. These include 25 couples in Nepal to bring home babies born to surrogate mothers.
ITALY: More than 300 Italians in Nepal have been traced, others not yet contacted.
JAPAN: Japan's Foreign Ministry said one Japanese man was killed and a woman was injured. Some 1,100 Japanese living in Nepal are registered with the embassy, but no information on the number of nationals travelling through.
LATVIA: Forty-one nationals have been contacted. No reports of injuries.
LITHUANIA: Fifty-five Lithuanian nationals in Nepal, of whom five were not reachable.
MALAYSIA: Two Malaysians are missing. A team of Malaysian climbers at the Everest base camp are among those who have been accounted for and are safe.
MEXICO: Twenty-eight Mexican nationals are safe. One missing.
NORWAY: About 150 nationals in Nepal, no reports of any dead or injured.
PAKISTAN: About 30 nationals have been evacuated from Nepal, no information on exact number.
PHILIPPINES: Two Filipino climbers are reported safe.
PORTUGAL: All seven Portuguese known to be in Nepal are safe.
ROMANIA: Twenty-eight Romanians in Nepal, including mountaineer Alex Gavan and three others, all reported to be safe.
RUSSIA: Tass news agency, citing Emergencies Ministry, says no casualties among Russians.
SINGAPORE: No information on the exact number, but the majority of the registered Singaporeans in Nepal have been contacted.
SRI LANKA: Around 100 Sri Lankans have sought help for evacuation. No casualties reported.
SOUTH KOREA: Three nationals injured in the earthquake. 650 residents and as many as 1,000 travellers are estimated to have been in Nepal.
SWEDEN: Around 150 Swedes known to be in Nepal, no reports of casualties. Most have been accounted for.
TAIWAN: Taiwan's Foreign Ministry said 179 Taiwanese were in Nepal at the time of the quake. Of those, 152 had been confirmed safe, the whereabouts of the other 27 were unknown.
THAILAND: Sixty-six Thais, including six medical students, are reported to be safe.
UNITED STATES: Three Americans killed.
Independent.ie Comments Facility
INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.
We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie