Devastated parents issue warning after chest of drawers crushes toddler son to death
Published 15/10/2015 | 12:45
The heart-broken parents of a young boy who died when a chest of drawers fell on top of him have issued a stark warning regarding the dangers of unsecured furniture.
Little 21-month-old Reef Kite was killed when attempting to climb into a chest of drawers at his family home in Perth, Australia on Tuesday.
His mother Skye was met with an horrific scene when she went to check on her child.
She paid tribute to him, saying that he 'brought a smile to everyone's face.'
"He was so cheeky and full of life," she told Australian TV Show Sunrise.
“No one needs to feel this pain, no one should see what we’ve seen," a devastated Skye said.
A fundraising page has been established to help cover funeral costs for the toddler.
His family used it to express their sentiments : "Tragically taken from his Mum, Dad and brothers.
"Too beautiful for this world.
"Yesterday the world lost a beautiful, pure, energetic baby boy!
"The heavens have gained an angel.
"It's in this time of need that we can support the family not only emotional but financially to ease some burden.," it read.