Vets on the right foot with ill dog
Published 04/09/2014 | 14:56
Vets got off on the right foot with a hapless dog which had been taken ill - and found it had eaten more than 40 socks.
The three-year-old Great Dane was miserable and vomiting when his owners rushed him to DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital in Portland, Oregon.
X-rays showed a stomach full of what was described as "a large quantity of foreign material".
Nearly two hours of surgery later, medic Ashley Magee said the dog had consumed 43 socks.
Hospital spokeswoman Shawna Harch said it was the strangest case in the hospital's history.
Press AssociationFollow @Independent_ie