Thursday 21 September 2017

'Tin on toaster' sparked house fire

Four fire engines and 20 fire fighters were called out to a blaze caused by two men trying to heat a tin of spaghetti with a toaster
Four fire engines and 20 fire fighters were called out to a blaze caused by two men trying to heat a tin of spaghetti with a toaster

A serious fire which damaged a maisonette was probably caused by a toaster being used to heat a tin of spaghetti, according to the emergency services.

Two men escaped from the incident in Upper Holloway, north London, on Monday night, said the London Fire Brigade.

Watch Manager Adam Barnett said: "The two men had wedged the toaster on and were cooking a tin of spaghetti on top of it.

"Thankfully no-one was injured and we managed to prevent the fire from spreading to other homes.

"It's never a good idea to try and heat a tin on your toaster - as we've seen here, it can be really dangerous."

Four fire engines and around 20 firefighters attended the blaze.

Press Association

Editors Choice

Also in World News