Pupils told pet snacks were cookies
A school aide has been suspended after she tricked pupils into eating pet snacks by telling them they were cookies, a Pennsylvania school district said.
About 75 fourth-graders at New Hanover-Upper Frederick Elementary School received the pet treats during a break. No injuries were reported.
Pupil Gabriel Moore told WFMZ-TV the aide first joked they were dog treats, then told students they were actually cookies. Gabriel ate three.
Boyertown Area School District officials notified parents. They did not disclose the type of pet treat but said the ingredients would only be harmful to people with certain food allergies.
But Gabriel's father, David Moore, said the part-time aide should be "penalised pretty bad".
The aide has been suspended pending an internal investigation.