Poodle Ted is a fire rescue hero
Published 02/09/2011 | 19:46
A poodle has saved a man's life in the United States by leading firefighters through a smoke-filled house to the 19-year-old asleep in the basement.
The toy poodle named Ted was spotted by paramedics responding to the fire in West Jordan, Utah.
Officials said that when they tried to catch Ted to bring him outside, he headed downstairs instead.
He then waited until they caught up with him, before leading them to the 19-year-old man who was sleeping on a couch in the basement.
Authorities said the man was treated for smoke inhalation and the dog was not injured.
A woman and two children had already escaped the fire, which was possibly caused by a gas leak, reported The Salt Lake Tribune.