Wednesday 7 December 2016

Pizza-loving dog sets fire to house

Published 24/01/2012 | 13:33

A dog trying to reach a pizza in a kitchen set a house on fire after accidentally catching one of the knobs on a cooker
A dog trying to reach a pizza in a kitchen set a house on fire after accidentally catching one of the knobs on a cooker

A dog set fire to its owner's home after sniffing out a pizza which had been left on top of a cooker.

  • Go To

Firefighters were alerted to the blaze by neighbours and had to break down the front door of the semi-detached house in Drew Court, Ashby, Staffordshire, as the owners were not at home.

The Staffordshire bull terrier had jumped up to try to get at the pizza which had been left on top of the cooker when he knocked one of the knobs causing the pizza to catch fire, a spokeswoman for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said.

The fire caused smoke damage to the kitchen during the incident.

The spokeswoman added: "It would appear the dog tried to get at the pizza and managed to turn on one of the cooker's knobs in doing so. The dog was rescued along with a cat. We have no reports to say they were injured in the incident and no-one else was at home at the time."

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News