Hoarder pinned under junk in house
A Canadian man in his 70s was severely dehydrated after being pinned for several days under debris in his home that had piled up almost to the ceiling.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said a man called to report that he had not seen his friend in several days.
Police found the doorway and halls of the suburban Vancouver home so choked with rubbish that the fire department was called to clear a path inside.
Crews had to break down the door and chainsaw through rubbish to reach the man. Police said there was no heat or electricity, and the man was severely dehydrated.
He is being treated for possible circulation problems.
Independent.ie Comments Facility
INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.
We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie