Thursday 19 October 2017

Boy sues school over electric shock

A US student who deliberately gave himself an electric shock in a science class is suing his teacher for not warning him it was dangerous
A US student who deliberately gave himself an electric shock in a science class is suing his teacher for not warning him it was dangerous

An American student whose heart stopped after he deliberately gave himself an electric shock in a science class is suing his teacher for not warning him it was dangerous.

Kyle Dubois is also taking legal action against the school district and the city of Dover in New Hampshire.

The 18-year-old and his parents claim teacher Thomas Kelley did not tell him and other students of the dangers of the demonstration power cords in their electrical trades class.

Kyle attached an electrical clamp to one nipple while another student attached another clamp to the other. A third student plugged in the cord.

Kyle was critically injured.

His legal action claims he suffered permanent brain damage.

Mr Kelley resigned about a month after the incident.

Press Association

Editors Choice

Also in World News