The FBI has not made any arrests in connection with Monday’s Boston marathon bombing, although they have identified a suspect.
Federal authorities are believed to have identified the individual who was seen dropping a black bag at the second explosion site on Boylston Street, on a department store CCTV camera.
Press conferences were constantly scheduled and rescheduled today after misreporting that an arrest had been made. However, an insider close to the investigation has told the Boston Globe that the suspect was seen on footage outside of the Lord & Taylor store.
Spokeswoman for Boston mayor Thomas Menino, Dot Joyce said: “The camera from Lord & Taylor is the best source of video so far. All I know is that they are making progress.”
Authorities cancelled a late evening press conference scheduled for last night and urged the media to “take caution” when reporting. It is believed that there are fears of potential deliverance of vigilante justice if the suspect is publicly identified too early.