Friday 22 September 2017

Second masseur joins in $2m suit against Travolta

John Travolta
John Travolta

Piya Sinha-Roy in Los Angeles

A SECOND unidentified masseur has joined a $2m (€1.5m) lawsuit against John Travolta (pictured) claiming the actor sexually assaulted the men in two separate incidents during private massages, according to amended court documents filed on Tuesday.

The second unnamed man, a resident of Georgia, referred to as John Doe No 2 in court papers, claimed that Mr Travolta rubbed his legs, touched his genitals and tried to initiate sex at an appointment in an Atlanta hotel on January 28.

The allegations echo those of John Doe No 1, a resident of Texas, who filed the initial complaint late last week and accused Travolta of sexually assaulting him at the Beverly Hills Hotel on January 16.

"This second 'anonymous' claim is just as absurd and ridiculous as the first one," said attorney Martin Singer, who represents the Hollywood actor.

"Our client will be fully vindicated in court on both of these absurd and fictional claims," Mr Singer said.

Irish Independent

Editors Choice

Also in World News