Mogul's White House bid suffers new blow
Republican US presidential candidate Donald Trump suffered a fresh blow yesterday with the announcement that a professional golfing event scheduled for October at a Trump course in Los Angeles will be moved, the latest fallout from his vitriol against undocumented immigrants from Mexico.
A statement issued by Hope Hicks, Trump's campaign spokeswoman, said the real estate mogul met with representatives from the PGA of America and they agreed "it is in everyone's best interest not to conduct the 2015 Grand Slam of Golf at Trump National Golf Club, Los Angeles in October."
The decision to move the event came a day after sports broadcaster ESPN announced it would move the ESPY Celebrity Golf Classic from Trump National Golf Club to Pelican Hill Golf Club in Los Angeles.
Mr Trump said on Monday that some of his criticism of Mexico had been distorted, but stuck to his stance that many undocumented immigrants coming across the Mexican border were criminals.