News Americas

Friday 9 December 2016

Horror photo shows what happened when young woman got poison ivy in her eyes

Mark Molloy

Published 16/06/2016 | 13:43

Poison Ivy warning
Poison Ivy warning

A woman from the US suffered a shocking reaction after getting poison ivy in her eyes - with her sister adding to the pain by sharing the photos online.

  • Go To

Emily Petrozza initially noticed a small poison ivy rash on her arm following a fishing trip, and woke up the next day to find her eyes swollen shut.

The 21-year-old, who had also been in contact feral cats, said she initially just saw a few ‘little red bumps’ on her eyes.

Her 17-year-old sister, Lauren, posted the photo on Twitter, with the caption: “Don’t get poison ivy on your eyes”.

The shocking photos have been shared and liked by more than 100,000 Twitter users, with her sister admitting she was shocked it went viral.

“I didn’t recognise myself,” Emily told BuzzFeed News. “I could see a little bit but my eyes were so swollen that it hurt to keep them open.

“When I go that picture, I just started dying laughing. I just thought it was hilarious.”

 

The swelling has now subsided and patient is feeling ‘much better’. She has also forgiven her sister for posting the photos online.

Telegraph.co.uk

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News