Attacks on US military targets
* January 15, 1993: Gunman opens fire at CIA headquarters in Langley, VA, killing two CIA employees. Mir Amal Kansi is found guilty of capital murder and nine other charges.
* July 4, 1997: Members of militia group the Third Continental Congress are arrested while planning attacks on military bases that they believed were being used to train UN troops to attack US citizens.
* June 1, 2009: Private William Long was killed in a shooting attack at Army Navy Career Centre, Little Rock, Arkansas.
* November 5, 2009: A gunman opens fire at Fort Hood, a US Army base in Texas, killing 13 people.
* March 4, 2010: John Patrick Bedell shot and wounded two Pentagon police officers at a security checkpoint in the Pentagon station of the Washington Metro.
* March 22, 2013: Two active-duty marines were shot in an incident linked to a "love triangle" at Marine Corps Base Quantico in northern Virginia. The shooter, Sgt Eusebio Lopez, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.