Monday 5 December 2016

30 men 'take part in mass filmed rape of teenage girl'

Published 27/05/2016 | 11:32

Rio de Janerio
Rio de Janerio

More than 30 men are alleged to have taken part in a mass rape of a teenager in an attack which was later posted to social media.

  • Go To

The attack happened in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The young girl  is reported to have visited her boyfriend’s house where she lost consciousness.

Local media reported that the woman woke up surrounded by men and learned that she had been raped.

The girl’s boyfriend has been issued with an arrest warrant

Speaking to local media, the girl's grandmother said that the family watched the video and cried.

"I regretted watching it. When we heard the story we didn't believe what was happening. It's a great affliction. It's a depressing situation," she told Folha de São Paulo newspaper.

"She is not well. She is very confused. This was very serious."

The sex assault has highlighted a “culture of rape” in Brazil, and campaigners have called for protests over the coming days.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in World News