News Africa

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Kenya police find corpse of last gunman in mall siege

Published 21/10/2013 | 14:34

  • Share

KENYA now believes it has found the remains of all four gunmen responsible for the shopping mall massacre that killed more than 60 people.

  • Share
  • Go To

Joseph Ole Lenku, Cabinet secretary for interior, said: "We recovered a fourth body, which we know from CCTV footage to be that of a terrorist."

He said the remains of three people recovered at the mall last week are also believed to be "those of the terror suspects." Closed-circuit TV footage from Westgate Mall shows four gunmen taking part in the attack.

Mr Lenku said "DNA and other investigations will confirm their identities."

So far, one gunmen has been identified: Hassan Abdi Dhuhulow, a Somali-Norwegian.

Press Association

Read More

Editors Choice

Also in World News