At least 13 killed after explosion hits Tunisia bus carrying presidential guards
The death toll in an explosion targeting Tunisia's presidential guard has risen to 13 and the perpetrators remain unidentified, the interior ministry said.
Another body was discovered in the charred remains of a bus carrying presidential guards that exploded in central Tunis on Tuesday, spokesman Walid Louguini said. The body has not been identified yet.
Mr Louguini could not confirm or deny Tunisian media reports that the body could be that of a suicide bomber who jumped on the bus just before the bomb exploded.
Troops fanned out around the capital and the president declared a month-long state of emergency after Tuesday's attack.
The blast rattled the country after two major attacks by Islamic extremists that targeted tourist sites earlier this year.
The interior ministry later said 10 kilograms of military explosives were used in the attack, adding that they were contained either in a backpack or a belt.
The body found in the bus earlier on Wednesday is now believed to be the "terrorist who caused the explosion", the ministry said, but added that it cannot be identified by fingerprints because no fingers were found.
It said a DNA analysis of the body is under way.