Valentine's Day is upon us... and so were more than the average amount of press releases. Here are the most interesting, or ridiculous (whichever way you look at it), things we've learnt.
1. Dentists have warned that halitosis may blow your Valentine’s Day love away. This is a polite way f saying that one in four adults suffer from chronic bad breath and it could hamper your chances of love this February 14. Dr Sean Malone, President of the Irish Dental Association advises staying away from garlic or onions during your meal for two.
2. The best sex happens between two people who know and trust each other, a study by Durex USA claims. A whopping 96 per cent of men and women believe sex is best with strings attached.
3. Even Permanent TSB has hopped on the Valentine’s bandwagon and revealed that more than half of Irish people who are in a relationship plan to spend less than €20 on February 14.
4. Who’ll be decked out in lacy lingerie this year? eBay report they have seen a 48 per cent rise in people buying lingerie items in recent weeks.
5. An Post has issued a new Love and Wedding stamp in honour of the day of love, featuring a photo of a red rose by the award-winning Galway-based photographer Kelvin Gillmor.
6. There has been a stray from tradition on MenuPages.ie as they report on a surge in group bookings for Valentine’s Day meals. To be specific, an increase of 25 per cent was noted.
7. Couples have even offered their own advice for the romantic day ahead. Giftsdirect.com took to the streets of Dublin and asked those with experience what makes love work.