It's Valentine's Day, so what better time to celebrate all things love? Here's a selection of 10 of the soppiest quotes ever.
If you're stuck for a quote for your card, try one of these. Warning: Bonus points will be earned.
1. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” - Emily Bronte/Wuthering Heights
2. "Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every part of your body. No … don’t blush. I am telling you some truths. For that is just being in love; which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away. Doesn’t sound very exciting, does it? But it is!” - Louis de Bernières/Captain Corelli's Mandolin
3. “Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and more disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable.” - Henry Ward Beecher
4. “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.” - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
5. “To love and be loved is the greatest happiness of existence.” - Sydney Smith
6. "My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite." - William Shakespeare/Romeo and Juliet
7. "My Heart is, and always will be, yours." - Jane Austen/Sense and Sensibility
8. "We're all a little weird, and life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." - Dr. Seuss
9. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." - Aristotle
10. "To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with." - Mark Twain