After a great reaction to the health tips column from a few weeks ago, I thought I would bring you another column that you could pull out and put on your fridge to keep you focused and motivated throughout the year.
These motivational quotes are some of my favourite; they are simple but have a big, big impact.
I have some of these on my own fridge and in my diary, too. Every year, just before New Year's Eve, I put together some plans and some goals for the new year as well as 10 key quotes that I know will keep me going.
I stick these into the front inside of my diary, so that I will see them every day, even just in passing; and when I get one of those days I glance at them and get my mind back in the zone. It may seem incredibly simple but it works.
* Barriers and obstacles are there to test how much we want to achieve our goal.
* If nothing changes, then nothing changes ... simple.
* Passion, patience, persistence is an unstoppable recipe for success.
* Enjoy the journey and invest all your energy and focus into today, the here and the now – if you do this every day, guaranteed you are on the right track to achieving success.
* You need to get out of your comfort zone to start seeing real change. Push yourself, make mistakes along the way and grow stronger with each lesson learned.
* Motivation is a habit and the only way you are going to get it is by continual practice, relentless persistence and an unyielding belief in yourself.
* You and only you decide whether or not to keep going – believe in yourself.
* Nothing worth achieving ever comes easy. There is a price to pay and that price is pain – but it is worth every cent!
* If you want to be successful then you must surround yourself with like-minded people.
* Failure shouldn't break you. It should make you work even harder and dig even deeper than before.
There are so many success books on the market now and from reading a lot of them they share similar theories and concepts.
You will find that these tips cover many of the areas you will have read about, but as opposed to reading chapters you can cut out the 10 tips above or the 10 below and put them into your own diary, on your wall or anywhere you will see them on a regular basis.
By seeing them, you are consciously making a decision to look and read them, which is fantastic.
But the real beauty is that you are subconsciously absorbing the information, the subconscious mind is the part of your brain that directs you without you knowing it, the more you can turn on your subconscious mind the easier you will find it to work hard, stay motivated and stay focused towards your goal.
* The hardest thing is often getting started. Don't think about it, just do it.
* A setback along the way should be acknowledged and quickly forgotten about. Do not let it undo all of your hard work to date.
* When things get tough and your goal seems light years away, focus on the present and make today a good one. This repeated each and every day will cause the bigger picture to fall into place.
* The external challenge will not break you, it is the internal challenge that determines this outcome.
* The biggest battle you will ever come up against is that between your body and your head. Triumph over this and the rest is easy.
* Motivation is not something you seek out. It is brought about by action, repeated action and continuous effect.
* Write down your target or goals and read them continually ... put them somewhere where you can see them every day.
* It's the times when you don't feel like doing the important stuff that makes all the difference.
* There is no greater feeling in the world than becoming champion of your own life, remember this.
These goals will make a big difference to your life, cut them out and place them somewhere visible and use them just as I do, to keep you focused on your goals and working towards success.