Parents of a medical student who died from a banned weight-loss aid have called for the sale of the pesticide in capsule form to be outlawed.
Sarah Houston (23), a bulimia sufferer, was found dead in her Leeds bedroom after secretly taking dinitrophenol, known as DNP, in September last year.
Geoff and Gina Houston, from Chesham, Buckinghamshire, yesterday said they wanted to highlight the dangers of the substance to prevent further tragedies.
The couple called for new regulation of the chemical and a ban on the "morally repugnant" practice of selling it in capsules.
Speaking after an inquest, Mr Houston (55) said: "In capsule form you can hardly spray your crops with it. If it is used as a pesticide then it comes in a liquid form and therefore would be sold in drums.
"No parent should suffer this type of grief of losing a child."