Tulisa to tell of ordeal on TV show
Published 22/07/2014 | 15:49
Tulisa Contostavlos is ro open up about her "horrific" ordeal in a BBC Three documentary to air next week.
The singer and former X Factor judge, 26, told yesterday (July 21), after her trial for allegedly brokering a drugs deal collapsed, how a year of her life had been "ruined".
Cameras have been following the former N-Dubz singer since the story appeared in the Sun on Sunday.
The documentary will also feature Tulisa talking to programme makers about her experience after the judge formally threw out the case.
BBC Three channel editor Sam Bickley said: "BBC Three has had exclusive access to Tulisa all the way through her ordeal and this hour long documentary will bring you her true story, as events unfolded."
Yesterday the singer issued a scathing broadside at undercover reporter Mazher Mahmood, who was the main prosecution witness, after a judge said there were "strong grounds" to believe he had lied on the witness stand and "had been manipulating the evidence".
The Sun on Sunday suspended the journalist known as the Fake Sheikh amid questions over whether he could now face a perjury investigation.
Tulisa, who had denied brokering a drugs deal, appeared on the steps of the court and called the case "a horrific and disgusting entrapment by Mazher Mahmood and the Sun on Sunday newspaper".
She previously appeared in BBC Three documentary Tulisa: My Mum And Me, about being a carer for her mother, who suffers from a mental illness.
The show airs at 10pm on BBC Three on July 28.