Celeb News

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Ryan Tubridy not worried about BBC future after turning down Christmas work

Laura Butler

Published 26/12/2012|05:00

  • Share

RYAN Tubridy insists he's not worried about his future at the BBC after turning down a Christmas slot at the station.

  • Share
  • Go To

The RTE presenter told the Irish Independent that he's already been offered at least two weeks at the British broadcaster next year.

Tubridy (39) said the ball is in his court when it comes to talking on stints filling in for radio hosts at the Beeb.

When asked if he had any concerns about turning down work over the festive season, and whether it would hinder his chances at the UK station going forward, Tubridy said: "No, not at all."

He said: "I was invited this Christmas but I declined that because I really wanted 'me time' and a chance to put the finishing touches to my new book.

"I'm going to go back there next year, I haven't decided when yet though. There's an open offer to do a few weeks, it's just a question of when I pick those weeks to go."

Tubridy revealed that he's hoping to head back for a stint in the UK as early as Easter.

The 'Late Late Show' anchor previously covered for Graham Norton in 2011 on his BBC Radio 2 slot and filled in for Chris Evans on his Radio 2 breakfast show last October.

Tubridy's three-year contract at RTE, which he signed in October, allows him to take on work outside of the national broadcaster.

The new deal saw him take a pay cut, bringing his salary to an estimated €373,000, down more than €160,000 on the €533,333 he was being paid in 2008.

"My commitment to RTE is crystal clear," he said. "The Beeb factor is still there, I'm allowed to do that and it's great, because I do love going over there."

Irish Independent

Read More

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Editors Choice

Also in this section