Richard E Grant's garden on fire
Published 01/05/2013 | 20:47
Firefighters were called to the home of actor Richard E Grant after sparks from builders working nearby set fire to his conifers.
The Withnail and I star wrote on Twitter: "Flat roofer's blow torch set conifers on fire and 999 heroic fire brigade arrived pronto presto and have just put it out. Nerves shredded. Pheeeew.
"Merciful thanks for a windless day and fire brigade's emergency response otherwise firemen reckoned my garage & house would have been toast."
Grant then took to the microblogging site to have a moan about the inconvenience the incident had caused to him.
"This being the 21st century there is no apology or taking responsibility. It's always someone else's or something's fault. Drives me balmy," he wrote.
"No prizes for guessing who I would like to blowtorch right now!! And still got to pay the f******!!
A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said five firefighters attended the incident in Richmond, south west London, just before 10.30am and quickly extinguished the blaze.
Press AssociationFollow @Independent_ie