Revealed: Paparazzi photos which sell the most, including $85k for Amanda Bynes
A leading paparazzo has lifted the lid on what it's really like snapping celebrities for a living.
From courted photographs by the celebrities themselves, secret calls from publicists or famous faces doing everything they can to avoid getting pictured - photographer Vladimir Labissiere, has revealed the business of celebrity in a new interview.
'Vlad' invited Rolling Stone journalist Stephen Rodrick to join him for two weeks, to experience firsthand the life of a paparazzo.
He claims to have made more than $100,000 last year alone and explained which photos sell - of who, and why.
Scottish actor Gerard Butler's photo went for a measly $80, while one photo of royal couple Kate Middleton and Prince William in 2011 earned him a cool $20,000.
But his biggest payday came courtesy of Amanda Bynes, who, in 2012, when she was just arrested for a DUI, was spotted leaving the gym by Vlad - who sold the image for a whopping $85,000.
A photo of Kendall Jenner varies from $100 to $1,000, with an exclusive earning the four figure sum.
Pictures of Mad Men's January Jones will earn $500, but a photo with her son Xavier (two) is worth $1,000.
He regularly checks celebrities' Twitter and Instagram pages to coordinate a schedule of when to expect them entering or leaving buildings.
Publicists are also known to liaise with the paparazzi as part of image control - or revamp.
The Facts, according to Vlad:
- Memorising license plates: Harry Styles has been seen in more than six different vehicles to throw them off the scent
- Britney Spears, Denise Richards, Ryan Reynolds, Lindsay Lohan, Tori Spelling and Kim Kardashian are just some of the celebrities he says would call paps to tip them off
- Vlad claims to make $10,000 of just one photo when resales are factored in
- Certain haunts in LA are famous paparazzi grounds - including Mr Bones Pumpkin Patch, where stars like Halle Berry regularly bring their children
- A street style photo of Jessica Alba carrying a Christian Dior bag was bought by the company for $900