Celeb News

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Brosnan: Thomas Crown 2 is dormant

Published 21/04/2013 | 14:11

  • Share
Pierce Brosnan would still like to make a Thomas Crown sequel, but thinks it is unlikely

Pierce Brosnan has said that he would still consider making a sequel to The Thomas Crown Affair.

  • Share
  • Go To

The 59-year-old, who starred and helped produce the heist film, admitted that it is "highly unlikely" that the second film would come to fruition.

"Thomas Crown 2 is dormant and has been for some time. It's highly unlikely," he said. "I think we would have done it by now if the timing had been right. It's just one of those things."

But the actor - who stars in Susanne Bier's romantic drama Love Is All You Need - added: "There's constant dreaming, desires and wants. I want to make more movies... maybe The Thomas Crown Affair 2."

In the cat-and-mouse movie, Pierce played wealthy financier Thomas Crown, who decided to spice up his life by stealing a prized Monet painting from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, with Rene Russo as an insurance investigator who suspects Thomas is behind the theft.

The follow-up to the 1998 film had been in development since 2007, when the sequel was reported to be a remake of the 1964 film Topkapi. Director Paul Verhoeven was attached but left in 2010.

He told MTV: "I am not [involved] any more. Things happened there, the regime changed. And basically I felt that I could not follow [on the project]."

Press Association

Read More

Editors Choice

Also in this section