Saturday 20 December 2014

Bloom breaks silence on Kerr split

Published 01/11/2013 | 09:16

Orlando Bloom said he and Miranda Kerr will always be in each other's lives
Orlando Bloom said he and Miranda Kerr will always be in each other's lives

Orlando Bloom has opened up about his split from Miranda Kerr, insisting the couple still "love and care about each other".

The British actor and the Australian model - who have a two-year-old son together - recently revealed that they had called time on their romance after three years of marriage.

Orlando, 36, has now told Katie Couric on her US talk show that he, Miranda and their son Flynn will always be a family despite the break up.

"We love each other. We're a family," he said. "We're going to be in each other's lives for the rest of our lives. There's no question that for the sake of our son and everything else, we're going to support one another and love each other as parents to Flynn."

The Hobbit star went on: "Life sometimes doesn't work out exactly as we plan or hope for. But we're adults, I'm 36 and now she's 30. We're professionals.

"We love and care about each other. Most of all, we love our son."

Orlando started dating Miranda in 2007. They tied the knot in 2010 and had son Flynn in January 2011.

They confirmed the end of their marriage earlier this month, with a statement saying: "In a joint statement, Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr have announced that they have been amicably separated for the past few months.

"After six years together, they have recently decided to formalise their separation. Despite this being the end of their marriage, they love, support and respect each other as both parents of their son and as family."

Press Association

Promoted articles

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in this section