US singer Anastacia has cancelled her planned European tour after being diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time.
The US singer made the announcement in a statement posted on her Facebook page. She having successfully battled the disease in 2003.
The 44-year-old, who had major success outside the United States with hits like the 2000 dance favorite "I'm Outta Love", has been forced to cancel plans to tour Europe starting in London on April 6.
"I feel so awful to be letting down all my amazing fans who were looking forward to 'It's A Man's World Tour'," she said in a statement. "It just breaks my heart to disappoint them," she said.
She added that she will continue writing and recording her new album and hopes to schedule a new tour as soon as possible
A spokesman for the star said she would continue writing and recording her new album and hoped to schedule a new tour as soon as possible.
He added that she aimed "to make a full recovery with the support of her family, friends and everyone around her" and asked for her privacy to be respected "during such a trying time".
She is the second star to have suffered a return of their cancer in the past few days.
Today FM DJ Tony Fenton, who battled prostate cancer two years ago, has been told that it has appeared again on two internal organs.
The 51-year-old discovered a lump on his hand which turned black within a day, giving him cause for concern.
He told the Evening Herald: "They tested it, confirmed it was melanoma and after tests, discovered it had spread to other parts of my body."
He is now undergoing intesive chemotherapy treatment, and is on a break from his afternoon show on Today FM.
Last week he took part in the station's Shave or Dye campaign, raising funding for cancer research.