Actress Brittany Murphy 'could have been poisoned'
The father of the late actress Brittany Murphy has claimed she could have been poisoned.
Initially, the primary cause of death was reported as pneumonia and contributing factors included iron deficiency anaemia and "multiple drug intoxication, the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office concluded.
The death was ruled as accidental.
Angelo Bertolotti, the biological father of the actress, sued the coroner's office and and had independent tests conducted.
According to US reports the tests revealed high levels of 10 heavy metals which are commonly found in rat poison, leading Bertolotti to believe his daughter has been poisoned.
The report said: "If we were to eliminate the possibility of a simultaneous accidental heavy metals exposure to the sample donor then the only logical explanation would be an exposure to these metals (toxins) administered by a third party perpetrator with likely criminal intent."
Mr Bertolotti told the Examiner website: "My daughter was neither anorexic nor a drug junkie, as they repeatedly implied. I will not rest until the truth about these tragic events is told. There will be justice for Brittany."
Murphy, who starred in the hit film Clueless, died in 2009 at the age of 32.