Celebrity hairdresser Michael Leong shares how he achieved this classic style in 10 easy steps
Louise Kennedy's Spring/Summer collection showcase is always one of the highlights on the Irish fashion calendar, and as usual, this year didn't disappoint. We spoke to celebrity hairdresser Michael Leong, who created the vintage style buns modelled on the runway, for the exclusive how-to in nailing the look. First up, here's what you'll need to get started...
- Volumising hairbrush
- Blow dry lotion
Your step-by-step guide:
1. Apply serum to wet hair. Use a pea sized amount, as too much will make the hair oily and flat.
2. Blow dry your hair as fully as you can.
3. If you don’t have time to prep, you can cheat by back combing the back and crown area.
4. Take four sections on the crown area and back comb.
5. Smooth the hair behind.
6. Literally catch it as a low pony tail.
7. From the pony tail, grab it and twist it and tease the bun a little bit.
8. When twisting the hair, keep the texture loose rather then too neat.
9. Apply hairspray generously to keep the style in place.
10. Strut your stuff!