David Crone, 17, handed in the document, which calls for every child to have the right to go to school, to the Pakistan High Commission in London as part of a drive led by former Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
Schoolboy delivers Malala petition
Warning may contain disturbing content: Newtown massacre audio recordings
Warning may contain disturbing content: Audio recordings from the Connecticut school shooting that killed 20 children and six educators a year ago reveal a mixture of calm and anguish from the callers, and gunshots from the assailant are heard in the background.
Armed man involved in garda standoff taken to hospital
Man was believed to be armed with 9mm pistol and reportedly firing shots at gardai from house. Credit: Damien Eagers
Garda Commissioner Martin Callinan speaking this afternoon
“To think that any member of my force would engage with the IRA at any level is beyond comprehension,” he said. Credit: Kyran O'Brien
- Nigella Lawson tells court she did take cocaine when her late husband was ill
- Video: Armed man involved in garda standoff taken to hospital
- Irish academic goes on trial charged with child abduction and false imprisonment
- Ambulance for fatally hurt boy called off as dispatchers believed he just bumped head
- Man survives three days at bottom of sea