They are the families whose fortunes have become part of the story of modern Ireland. Their private problems have become public property. Their highs and lows have made front page news. A team of Sunday Independent writers led by journalist and author, Liam Collins, give a fascinating insight into how the other half lives, only in the Sunday Independent, Living section, this week-end.
Ireland’s Family Fortunes
- George Hook: O’Driscoll’s retirement is extraordinary for Irish rugby
- Joe Schmidt hails "magician" O'Driscoll
- Irish fans pay special tribute to legend Brian O'Driscoll
- Kids of Temple Street Hospital Thank Brian O'Driscoll
- Watch: Ronan O'Gara on 'special person' Brian O'Driscoll
- Bono addresses the crowd at EPP
Suicide bomber kills 32 in car blast in Iraq
A suicide bomber driving a minibus packed with explosives has killed at least 32 people and wounded 147 in the southern Iraqi city of Hilla. .
Japanese astronaut takes charge of ISS
Astronaut Koichi Wakata has taken charge of the International Space Station, marking the first time a Japanese national has led a human space mission.
Scotland's Scott Johnson: We should have won
Scott Johnson's men suffered last-gasp heartache as France snatched a 19-17 six nations win after Jean-Marc Doussain kicked the winning penalty at Murrayfield with just 90 seconds left.