The 17th century Mughal Golconda mirror diamond necklace features five pendants each made up of a table-cut diamond and an emerald in a gold setting.
`Diamond necklace on sale for £12m
- Ryan Tubridy to Evelyn O'Rourke: 'I had no idea what you were going through'
- Watch Justin Bieber Confused, Angry And Insolent At His Deposition
- Oscar Pistorius vomits in the dock
- Six school children hospitalised after swimming pool incident
- 2.5m euro worth of Cannabis seized in Coolock
- Cheryl Cole returns to The X Factor
Sophie Ellis-Bextor experiences zero gravity
The Murder On The Dancefloor singer experienced weightlessness on a high- altitude flight to simulate the feeling of being in space. Ellis-Bextor - who also took part in last year's Strictly Come Dancing - experienced a new kind of lift to launch a new range of snacks from Walkers. The 34-year-old was taken up in a specially converted Boeing 727 which completed aerial manoeuvres to create the effect of zero gravity after taking off from a base in Houston, Texas.
Huge apartment explosion in New York
A utility company says a resident in a nearby building in East Harlem reported smelling gas shortly before the explosion, though the cause of the blast is as yet undetermined. The odour was believed to have been coming from outside. The explosion centred on a five-storey building near Park Avenue and 116th Street, and it sent huge flames and billowing black smoke into the air.
Nigel Farage accused of affair with spokeswoman
Nikki Sinclaire, who left the party after a row with Mr Farage, said during a plenary session in the European Parliament: "With unemployment still a problem across Europe and indeed across the UK, does Mr Farage think it is a fair use of taxpayers' money, namely his secretarial allowance, not only to employ his wife Kirsten but his former mistress Annabelle Fuller?"
- Strike averted: country’s main airports to remain open Friday
- 'Size of investigation' delays cases of eight charged in connection to fatal attack on Dale Creigthon
- Judge gives extra time to complete evidence in Anglo bank fraud case
- Kenny vows all penalty point recommendations will be implemented
- ‘We are fearing the worst at this stage’