Happy Birthday Mary Kate & Ashley! ...Take a look at the designers 'through the years'
Happy Birthday Mary Kate & Ashley: Here are their top ten fashion moments
It’s hard to believe the innately stylish Olsen Twins turned 28 today. It hardly seems too long ago since we watched them in their Nickelodeon hey day on our TV screens.
From pint-sized child stars to powerhouse designers, here are their ten definitive fashion moments:
1. The twins melted hearts across America when they were signed up for their first role aged six months. They were enlisted for the part of Michelle Tanner in sitcom Full House in 1987.
2. These satin blazers worn to their book launch in 1998 might look ridiculous now, but no doubt their legion of tweeny bopper fans were clambering to get their hands on something similar at the time.
3. Twinsets and platforms- the quintessential 90s child look, as pioneered by the starlets. The Olsens appeared in over 50 tv shows and movies together up until 2004.
4. Oh how we all wanted spiral curls like the twins. The actresses arrive with opposite hair dos and lacy black dresses for an after party of the 2002 Academy Awards.
5. Having amassed a multimillion dollar empire thanks to their company DualStar, the pair decided to leave their acting careers behind them and pursue their love of fashion. They were widely responsible for kick starting the boho-chic revival of the mid noughties.
6. In 2006, aged 20, the pair launched their fashion label The Row, to wide critical acclaim.
7. The following year, a further line Elizabeth and James was launched. Diffusion lines in America and Norway followed suit.
8. Throwing all their energy into fashion domination, the twins have banked themselves a collective fortune of over €200 million.
9. As they mature, their evolving style has become more refined. They are seen here in designs from The Row, a label inspired by London’s Savile Row.
10. The sisters bagged the 2014 CFDA Accessories Designer of the Year Award.