Strike a pose: How to wow on the red carpet
Published 25/04/2013 | 05:00
Deirdre Reynolds picks the stars' favourite looks ahead of the VIP style awards
Ireland's biggest stars are set to strike a pose at the VIP Style Awards this weekend. But from 'The Jolie Leg' to 'The Rear View', how well do you know your celebrity red carpet poses?
Rising starlet Lauren Farrell from Leitrim is currently in rehearsals for an upcoming production of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man at The New Theatre in Temple Bar. First, though, she nailed some of Hollywood's most famous poses.
"Walking the red carpet is all part of the biz," reckons Lauren, who trained at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.
"Stars who bring personality to the red carpet – such as Helena Bonham Carter and Eva Green – are my favourites. However, I cringe every time I see Katie Price 'working it' for the camera."
"My dream is to walk the red carpet at the Oscars one day. I watch it every year and it's always so glamorous."
"I always advise ladies to do some mirror work before a red carpet," says Trish Fallon of 1st Option Models. "It's a great way to get to know your angles.
"My biggest tip is never forget your neck. Lower your shoulders, extend your neck and tilt your chin ever so slightly down to look red-carpet ready.
"Jennifer Aniston and Megan Fox get it right every time."
• Dresses by Marian Gale Boutique, 8a The Mall, Donnybrook, Dublin 4. Tel:(01)2697460
• Shoes and accessories by Karen Millen, 72 Grafton Street, Dublin 2. Tel: (01)6339546
• Hair by Danielle Dignam and make-up by Michelle Kinsella using Db Face, Dylan Bradshaw Salon, 56 South William Street, Dublin 2. Tel: (01)6719353
• Shot on location at Radisson BLU Royal Hotel, Dublin 8. Tel: (01)8982900
• Model: Lauren Farrell l Stylist: Deirdre Reynolds
Irish IndependentFollow @Indo_Style_