Steal Her Style: Nicola Roberts
Nicola Roberts has often been referred to as the "ugly one" of the perfectly formed Girls Aloud. She has constantly had her appearance compared to her band mates and always fell short as far as the media were concerned.
But over the past couple of years she has eclipsed the rest of the band in terms of style (yes, even Cheryl Cole). She’s a high fashion loving, flame haired porcelain doll and we love to see that she’s finally come into her own.
She’s left the bodycon dresses and hair extensions behind, ditched the perma-tan look and is finally embracing her naturally pale skin. She’s even selling her own line of make-up called Dainty Doll, for porcelain skintones.
But back to her clothes. Roberts loves vintage and anything that looks like it might belong to an era long gone by. She’s classic and is a devotee of Chanel, managing to make the age-old tweed jacket look cool with skinnys and flamboyant heels.
But while she may be a classicist a lot of the time, she makes brave and quirky choices when she hits the red carpet. She’s sometimes slated for her daring looks but she’s never ever boring and I personally love her fearless, confident take on style.
Tips for getting Nicola Roberts Look:
• Add a vintage bag to individualise any look
• Always make a statement with a particular piece - jacket, bag, tights, shoes
• Add a leather jacket to a pretty dress to create an edgier look
• Update old looks with a new hair do and let your hair do the talking
• Make the most of a petite frame by wearing short and well fitting clothes