Steal her style: Alexa Chung
Published 19/05/2010 | 10:48
There is a fixation with British born TV presenter turned style icon turned fashion designer Alexa Chung that borders on obsession.
Google Alexa Chung and you’ll find ‘Alexa Chung style’, ‘Alexa Chung fashion’, ‘Alexa Chung weight’, ‘Alexa Chung hair’ etc. Her every style move is followed (and copied), her hairstyle has even become the new Jennifer Anniston and in a few short years she has gone from being a relatively niche T4 presenter to a full-fledged Vogue darling.
She’s 5”8 and a size 6, with legs up to her armpits so clothes tend to work on her even if it’s a mans t-shirt, a Granny’s skirt and a kids satchel. She’s got that “Je ne sais qua” thing that everyone’s always on about so regardless of what sartorial choices she makes she can do no wrong.
Guys love her because she looks like someone you could have a pint with, and girls adore her because her style is oh-so-accessible, but in reality so unattainable - she presents a challenge and is an enigma.
Alexa describes her style as “a mix between a 10 year old boy and a grandma”. This might seem like a tough one to nail or you may wonder whether you really want to dress as a hybrid gran-boy but somehow what she’s got is what everyone wants…
To get Alexa’s Look:
• Wear denim in any guise-double denim, denim dress, denim shirt, denim jacket.
• Add stripes to your wardrobe-they’re the safety net of the ultra stylish and Alexa loves her stripe tees and dresses.
• Get your pins polished and show them off-always.
• If you’re not happy wearing skimpy cut-off shorts, opt for girlie mini skirts and retro dresses.
• If you’re covering them up it should only be with skinny jeans.
• Cardigans are the ultimate casual cover-up.
• Buy leather trousers.
• Steal your boyfriends t-shirts and plaid shirts.
• Buy a pair of black patent Chanel boots and wear them with everything.
• Get a bob and wear it messy and sexy.
• Clean your face and add eyeliner!