Private purse -- What do women really carry in there?
Published 24/03/2010 | 05:00
Life coach Debbie Percy, who looks at women's handbags as a personality analysis aid, has found some curious artefacts:
- A full bottle of wine. "I've had that in there for a week," said the lady.
- A very large beach towel, for no apparent reason.
- A flick knife -- in the handbag of an elderly lady.
- Apple cores, half-sucked mints and once -- a half-eaten chicken drumstick. "For some women, their bags are simply a dumping ground for all the family," says Debbie.
- Children's bracelets and hairclips, toys, and hospital identity tags. "Strangely enough, women don't carry around many photographs, if at all. They tend to carry instead objects that have a sentimental attachment for them."
- Personal notebooks. Says Debbie: "You would be surprised how many people seem to be mid-flow of writing a book."