How to wear nude
Published 01/03/2010 | 15:22
Nude tones dominated the SS10 catwalks with Calvin Klein, Donna Karen, Burberry Prorsum, Fendi and Celine all getting in on the action. While it may seem a little hopeful to be thinking of sunny, floaty nude colours while there’s still a biting cold outside this is a trend that can be adapted for anytime of the year.
• Choose dresses that are soft and frothy. Anything with ruffles is a winner.
• The classic trench coat has been reinvented with draping and unexpected lengths.
• Skirts are super tailored- think clean and sharp lines. A reinvented version of the A-line skirt.
• The piece of the moment has to be Celine’s camel coloured leather t-shirt. Modern and sexy.
• Mix with other neutrals-khaki, beige and white to keep the look fresh during Summer.
• Until then contrast nude tones with solid black or earthy Autumnal tones of brown, maroon and mossy green.
• Wear with chunky, blocky shoes-clogs if you really want to make a statement.
• Spend on a trench coat that you’ll have forever, save on OTT ruffle dresses that are fab for now but won’t go the distance.